Our own Green Alternatives range of bamboo handle toothbrushes. This toothbrush works in exactly the same way as a traditional plastic one but this one is mostly biodegradable.
The bristles are nylon like a traditional brush so this part is not recyclable, at the time of writing the only ones we have come across that are not nylon are pig hair!
Why we love this product:
- The brush comes in 4 different colours, available as a value pack of 4.
- The toothbrushes come in 'No Frills' Green Alternatives cardboard packaging only so no excessive throwaway plastic there either.
- Biodegradable handle
- Medium bristles - suitable for everyone
- Strong and excellent quality
- Endless re-use options upon end of life!
In the spirit of being as eco friendly you could always make the most out of the toothbrush by using for one of the following after the bristles are worn:
- Use with water and bicarbonate of soda to remove stains from clothes or trainers
- Clean hard to reach places - behind taps, vents, car wheels, bicycle components, car interiors
- Revive grout between tiles, old jewellery, the dog's nails and feet
- When the brush is beyond cleaning, remove the bristles with pliers and then use the bamboo stick as a plant marker