This June, why not take part in the Wildlife Trusts’ 30 Days Wild event! 30 Days Wild invites you to take part in a wild activity every day for the entire month of June to help get connected to nature and the world around you.
Who are The Wildlife Trusts?
The Wildlife Trusts are an organisation of 46 charities with more than 850,000 members and 38,000 volunteers all over the UK! They believe in community projects, education, conservation and the links between our wellbeing and nature. They are calling on health services to help them get people engaged with the natural world in order to improve general health and quality of life and ultimately help reduce preventable illnesses such as obesity, anxiety, depression and social isolation!
Just have a look for The Wildlife Trusts in your area and see what you can do to help and get involved.
Why should I take part?
It has been a particularly difficult year for all of us, and for many this has meant a decline in their mental health and wellbeing. The purpose of 30 Days Wild is to re-connect with nature and experience all the stress-relieving qualities of being outside!
Over the past 5 years of 30 Days Wild, the University of Derby has been analysing data from participants about their experience of the event. Here are their findings:
- Participation in 30 Days Wild results in increased nature connectedness, pro-nature conservation behaviours and wellbeing during June and for at least a further two months beyond the challenge
- Those participants with the lowest connection to nature before 30 Days Wild gained the greatest benefits by taking part in the challenge
- Participants reported feeling happier after taking part in 30 Days Wild
How do I take part?
To take part, simply…
- Sign up here and wait for your free pack of goodies to arrive containing loads of ideas for your wild month!
- Join the 30 Days Wild Facebook group to share your wild activities and see what everyone else is up to
- Download the 30 Days Wild app for wild inspiration where ever you go!
- Register for the Webcam Wildlife online panel hosted by Springwatch’s Hannah Stitfall here
- Join in the Big Wild Weekend events over the 18-20th June, see full details here
- Spread the word and use the hashtag #30DaysWild on social media!
After a year of staying inside, it's a real pleasure to get out and about in nature whether you choose to do it with the family or on your own! Join people around the country in random acts of wildness this June.